First post

Take some time to introduce yourself!
johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

First post

Postby johnrpm » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks for creating this new forum, we can now share images, etc, to help each other with our builds.
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: First post

Postby PacManFan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:14 pm

You're quite welcome. I think this new board will really help grow the community and allow for better sharing. It took me a little while to set up.

James

Postby James » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:05 am

Hi guys! :)

I'm just checking in.

I haven't been working on my printer build, cuz I got wayyyyyyyyy side tracked, but I'll get back to it eventually. :lol:

How's your Pico Projector project coming? Getting anywhere with that?

Yes this will be great! I'm sure by this time next year the forum will be teaming with activity!
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:39 pm

The pico-projector mods are coming along really well. I recently found a way to collumnate the UV light a bit better than before to push it through the optical path. I'm going to be releasing part 2 of the blog soon.
-S

sitzme

Postby sitzme » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:59 am

Looking forward to seeing (and posting) pictures on this site. Will the content from the old site be migrated over to here? The projector mods thread would be one that I would like preserved and I'm sure there are others that will also have future value. Keep up the good work.

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:56 am

I recently found a way to collumnate the UV light a bit better

Images here would be good or in the hardware section.
Random Precision

octanees

Postby octanees » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:26 pm

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:03 pm

just wrote a long reply, but got the server error again, so lost it all, will post later.
I tend to copy the text before clicking submit as this happens a lot, but forgot this time.
Random Precision

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:18 am

I have 2 20watt uv led's, the plan is to converge them at an angle into a lens, and focus
down to about 5-8mm then into the light gate, with a switch to select one-two leds as needed.

the other option is xenon headlight kit with inverters, but uv leds are prefered., I cut the back
of a projector bulb housing with a diamond disk in a dremel, as I cut the back piece came away
as its a seperate piece held in with ceramic paste, I then inserted the xenon bulb to try it, the
housing is a parbola, and the bulb must be at the focal point for maximum output,
but I should have bought short H7, as the back sticks out, making mods nessessary for it to fit.

Yet another option is to have the lamp housing outside the projector, with lens and then pmma pigtail
going into lightgate, this mean the lamp unit can be bigger and have cooling etc.

A blueray laser 200mw is not to expensive and worth a try.

The origonal lamp in a projector has wide dispersion, but the parabolic reflector focuses the light,
we need to do the same for the uv led's in some way?.

P.s, both the UV led, and xenon bulb cure 355nm resin, but not sure how efficiently yet.
Random Precision

James

Postby James » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:38 am

I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)