Daylight Polymer 3D Printer

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
AndersonTa

Re: Daylight Polymer 3D Printer

Postby AndersonTa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:11 pm

@AndersonHTa

Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kvirre » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:59 am

Is possible to get the rpi to run abusemark driver through an adapter.
There are some people that claim it's possible.

This one for instance
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380701577663

However, the abusemark-guy says it's not possible (has he tried all of them?) or maybe he is just right, and I don't want him to be.
=)

I would be more than happy to pay someone from China to try it out (someone that got rest of the setup).

I REALLY would like to have NanoDLP running, and connected to the iPad-screen.
If it's a rpi running it, it would be even better (i2c) connection for extra LCD and monitor (shutter).

Now I am exploring the possibility to port NanoDLP to Ubuntu (that runs as a virtual machine on my Surface Pro 2).
Not really optimal, but what ever works ....

oliveenchine
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby oliveenchine » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 am

Hi Anderson,

no supply problem here , just bought 4 pcs this morning .

I did also bought LEDs and lenses , soldering al afternoon here's the result

IMG_0817.JPG
1W 462.5-465nm LED

IMG_0815.JPG
PCB populated LED / Lenses

IMG_0821.JPG
Action ! 1250-1500 lumen 462.5-465nm

Next step , stripping one of my display , and wait for the resin to arrive to China ...

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:29 am

Looking good. I received the resin yesterday along with a bottle of their UV cure resin. Probably look at doing the ipad screen tear down this afternoon. Should have some blue LEDs next week. Pretty funny to see on ebay how easy it is to get LED pcbs now knowing I gave Phife $300 for one I never received... Any rate looking forward to playing with this. I also have a bottle of the Bucktown 470 cure resin I've never played with to try out.

Put a small sample on some plastic on my laptop screen and it cured a thin layer in around a minute. Didn't bother to put the calipers on it to see how thick. Maybe this afternoon. Couldn't try the ipad screen as I had the wrong power adapter for my computer with a DP.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:12 am

oliveenchine

Postby oliveenchine » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:41 am

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 am

dpizzle

Postby dpizzle » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:57 am

oliveenchine, excellent work!

My only worry is the spacing between the LEDs and getting an even cure across the surface of the LCD without hotspots. This is why Phife eventually had to make his own PCB with his UV setup. There are no off the shelf PCBs that have tightly packed LEDs.

It all comes down to array to screen distance and diffuser at this point. Since this resin cures with unmodified screens (that have diffusers) I doubt it will be an issue. Again great work and keep us updated.

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:39 pm

@AndersonHTa

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:01 am

How is the backlight produced on stock LCD's (iPad display).
Are we sure Abusemark power is matched for the maximum lumens the iPad can produce?

I could not find pictures for a iPad Display teardown ...
But does it work similar to this?