Daylight Polymer 3D Printer

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Daylight Polymer 3D Printer

Postby Kvirre » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:00 am

Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kvirre » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:01 am

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:16 am

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:42 am

Hi Kvirre,

i have a abuse adapter board and lcd screen + i also have a UV LED matrix from Phife :)

plus I have programmed de RPI to receive sliced images directly from creation workshop :)

cheers,
hp

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:44 am

oliveenchine

Postby oliveenchine » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:49 am

i have been experimenting the iPad retina display with abusemark adapter about a year ago with 405nm LED matrix without success with "standard" resin ( makerjuice ) .

Just ordered some daylight resin from photocentric .

The polymerisation of their resin require 460nm wavelength .

Regarding the option to have a eDP display attached to RPI , it unfortunately not possible for cost reason .

I will keep you updated soon.

oliveenchine

Postby oliveenchine » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:55 am

Hi Kvirre,

We are on the same way ;)

those photocentric guys are really nice !

If you need anything from China , just let me know (PM) i live in Shenzhen ...

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 am

dpizzle

Postby dpizzle » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:36 am

VERY interesting that they are using an unmodified stock LCD! After struggling a long time with a UV setup, this seems almost impossible to me.

http://www.panelook.com is an awesome resource for LCD info. Using the advanced search you can search by brightness.
Looks like the iPad has a brightness of 400. If that was giving you trouble, I'd assume we'd need something with a higher brightness.
Searching by 1024x600 and sorting by brightness reveal the highest brightness panel to be 1000. I assume they are using one of these panels.

I bet curing would be crazy fast with an LED array though. We'd probably wouldn't need to worry as much about unevenness of light because you could place the light farther away or use a diffuser.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:31 pm