Daylight Polymer 3D Printer

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
cardin1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Daylight Polymer 3D Printer

Postby cardin1 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:24 pm

It looks like a very slow resin. The best case scenario is 26.8 seconds(exposicion + peeling) for a 0.050 layer.

Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kvirre » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:57 am

cardin1

Postby cardin1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:52 am

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:11 am

James

Postby James » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:29 am

Nice thread!

I just wanted to add that the light coming from a LCD display could be concentrated and focused. Think opaque projector.

Another thing is LCD displays can easily be disassembled and a more powerful light source could be added in place of the stock light source.

If ordinary LCD displays could be made to work with a decently low exposure time then that would create a revolution in SLA 3D printing because the prices would go WAYYYYYYYY down.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:00 am

I'm expecting a delivery of this resin during this week.

My experiments will use :
- iPad mini
- FEP film
- Small aluminiumblock (build platform)
- The Daylight resin

Will try to find out the exposure-times under different brightness-levels.
Also, light-spreading (will use different size of fonts) as exposure-image to verify quality.
Although, I consider the iPad as worst-case since it has a thicker glass layer on top the LCD (touch etc)

Let's see, I will post my findings here.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:28 am

Btw,

I am considering trying a "privacy filter"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGFBrs0JPk

Between the screen and FEP, to avoid light spreading and retaining resolution.
What are your thoughts on that?

James

Postby James » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:32 pm

I would love to know how those adhesive strips work! I guess it's like 3M's Post-it Notes, but they are saying one can wash them to reactivate the stickiness. I noticed a similar coating on the back of a screen protector that my dad installed the other day. The side that touches the screen has a tacky feel to it. When my dad accidentally had a dust particle get electrostatically attracted to the screen protector and didn't notice it until he started squeegeeing, he then gave up on it and decided to order a new one. Consequently, with nothing to lose, I removed it and washed it with 409 household spray cleaner, which made it immaculately clean again. Once clean, I was amazed to see that, once dried, the tackiness was not effected by the cleaner. It stuck to the glass just as if it were new with like a almost magical oil film between the glass and the screen protector. AMAZING! What the hell is that material?? I would love to know more about it!

Your plan may work, but if it doesn't I'd just take the digitizer off of the LCD and the have your FEP touching the LCD surface. If that still does not provide enough fidelity then I would go with my aforementioned suggestion and use a two or three lens system to focus the light to the inside surface of the FEP film.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

hp_

Postby hp_ » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:43 pm

according to the website of http://www.photocentric3d.com/#!blank/thd1s they say they have an exposure of 11 seconds, and 8 seconde mechanically ... at a layerthickness of 100micron..

cheers,
hp

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:16 am