iBox Nano, First LCD Printer

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phife
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

iBox Nano, First LCD Printer

Postby Phife » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:45 pm

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20141016- ... arter.html

Looks like someone made it first! lol, I was hoping to get mine done first but my resources are not as high as these guys, or the Kast guys. Im gonna keep going though, hopefully I can put out the worlds first large format LCD printer. I dont see too much use in the small build area of this machine, but its price is pretty cheap. I could probably make one like it on my laser cutter, just need the hardware.

Looks like they are using a custom LCD and LED array.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/82 ... e-3d-print

Kvirre

Re: iBox Nano, First LCD Printer

Postby Kvirre » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:33 am

I totally agree about the buildsize, no use for me to have such a small build-size.
Also, the quality does not impress me, wonder if it's to do with uneven light-distribution?

Phife

Postby Phife » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:38 am

probably more to do with the low xy resolution.. 328 microns is pretty big compared to DLP and laser based printers.

gmoneyphx

Postby gmoneyphx » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Sure the XY is bad at 328 microns...but the Z - WOW 0.39 microns! The sad part is that they seem to be seriously claiming that...