Sub-$4000 Metal 3D Printer

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phife
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sub-$4000 Metal 3D Printer

Postby Phife » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20140923- ... arter.html

Aurora Labs' S1 consumer grade printer offers aerospace grade 3D printing - down to the resolution of half a human hair (50 microns) - for under $4000. The S1 features a build volume of 150 x 150 x 250 mm (6'x6'x10') and currently is capable of printing objects in stainless steel and nickel based alloys.

Looks interesting, But Im very skeptical as to the claims they are making. There really is not enough information on the machine to decide if its legit or not. They say they will be putting out more information on their Kickstarter campaign so I guess we will see. If its for real I will defiantly be trying to get my hands on one!