Stalactite is here!!!

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Stalactite is here!!!

Postby PacManFan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:28 pm

The dual peeling is done through a modified version of the Marlin firmware. Creation Workshop sends a special M-Code in the start.gcode segment to set up the peeling parameters. Then, for each layer during the lift, it sends another m-code to trigger the peeling sequence. What's nice is that I didn't have to modify any code to achieve this, Joan from Stalactite just had to insert the appropriate M-codes in the start.code and lift.gcode for it to work.

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Finhead » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:32 pm

That's what I was thinking it would be same as putting in the servo code. Should be super easy to implement since this would already be in the muve firmware. Might have to give it a go on my next build for my buddies printer. :)

Clinton

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:31 pm

fleming

Postby fleming » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 pm

@A2

Postby @A2 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:43 am

The Pryntech Z-axis cross bar has pivots on either side of the cross bar, and is capable of stair stepping up to break the Van der Waals force. I'm not able to find a video of it in action, or notes of it's purpose on their web site to verify. Does any one know how Pryntech is utilizing the cross bar pivots?

http://pryntech.com/?product=opensl-1-0-3d-printer
Attachments
ScreenHunter_573 Apr. 28 10.39.jpg

@A2

Postby @A2 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:12 pm

3D Systems V-Flash" 3D Modeler, rocks the build platform back and forth, i.e. stair steps it up to initiate separation.

In this video you can see the build platform rocking back and forth on the up stroke to initiate separation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rs7RQpO8p0#t=68

In this video you can see on the down stroke that the build platform rocks back and forth before settling onto the acetate film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dng_a52IFA#t=62

Source Graphics "3D Systems V-Flash" 3D Modeler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRlm3lQePjI#t=201

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:49 pm

I'd also like to publicly call out Stalactite for being a bad business. They never paid almost half of what they owed me, plus they haven't paid a cent in licensing fees - even for the pre-orders on their crowdfunding. I contacted them several times to no response. I don't think they sold many machines, but being able to work out something would have been nice.
-S

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:12 am

Simply create a blacklist section in the forum so it gets spread out more easy ;)

adambx

Postby adambx » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:45 am