M-One by MakeX

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AndersonTa

M-One by MakeX

Postby AndersonTa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:56 am

http://makex.com/

New DLP printer to start crowdfunding soon. Those of you on the IRC channel #dlp3dprinting, this is the printer henrypjs has been MIA developing.

Very nice! Form and function...REALLY love it!

Key features (IMO):
- 150 microns X/Y
- up to 20 microns Z
- non-proprietary resin
- ball park $2K cost
- and did I mention it looks REALLY REALLY GOOD! :D
@AndersonHTa

Josh@MakerJuice
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: M-One by MakeX

Postby Josh@MakerJuice » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:37 pm

This thing looks super nice. Can't wait to get one for my lab!

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:00 pm

It looks really nice but is it for sure DLP? The video I found looks like it was drawing the print rather than flashing, could be the time laps though. Seems super compact for a DLP so that is really cool. :)

Clinton

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:08 pm

It's DLP, pico or not is up for debate, but given the small footprint, it prolly is pico (no 1080P though given the specced X/Y vs working window).

As for the vid, its a time lapse and the object is just an outer mesh, so it looks like drawing but its not.

I got my moneys ready!
@AndersonHTa

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Ah yes ok now I see how it's so compact looking, just found the full size of the printer 390*340*490mm. It must be a double folded design like Edge built, projector mounted on the back side I guess same as the Solidator as well. So it could use a standard small scale DLP projector or a pico but size would most likely be fine for a standard size since it's actually larger than Edge's build. ;)

Clinton

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:41 pm

I think similar body style with the "backpack" approach with a 1080P Projector would be amazing.

Couple of features I'd still like to see rolled into a commercial machine:
- Computer free design, RasPi/BBB with screen of sorts for navigation
- Wifi/Bluetooth upload files (just so we can slice elsewhere)
- Camera to watch
- Auto calibrate for exposures; I'm looking at using load cells/sensors to measure the force of release over various exposure times
- Resin pump to maintain resin levels

I think that would round it out.
@AndersonHTa