PET for vat floor?

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mekada
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PET for vat floor?

Postby mekada » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Hello everyone,

I am building a top-down machine and while looking for windows for my enclosure I came across this chart (look in tab "More Information")
http://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/11 ... -270-270-3

Has anyone ever tried PET as a VAT floor? I don't remember seeing it mentioned in all the threads I read over the last few weeks.

Looks like PET has about 85% transmittance for 400nm and up which doesn't sound too bad. Plus I know that on it's own, it let's oxygen through. That's why PET soda bottles are layered with other polymers. It has similar chemical resistance ratings to acrylic (although I don't know if there is a specific chemical in resin that would be problematic).

Since I am building a top-down machine (mainly to avoid this whole VAT issue), I won't be trying this. But if someone wants to do it, I'd be curious to know the outcome.

Cheers!

keyanzhao

Re: PET for vat floor?

Postby keyanzhao » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi mekada
How is going with your top-down machine?

mekada

Re: PET for vat floor?

Postby mekada » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:02 am

Right now I'm stuck at the light source. I am waiting for a good deal on the Acer H6510 to move forward but reading all the issue with light evenness, I'm having second thoughts if it's the right projector.