List of Resin-safe materials for vat/build plate

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
android78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

List of Resin-safe materials for vat/build plate

Postby android78 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:15 pm

I was wondering if we have any chemists on the forum that would be able to help out with what plastics and metals are safe for contact with photopolymer resins?

android78

Re: List of Resin-safe materials for vat/build plate

Postby android78 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:05 am

It seems really hard to find out this information without learning some more chemistry myself.
My list so far includes:
Glass
Aluminium
Steel (I did read somewhere this could cause some reaction though and needs confirmation)
PLA
Acrylic

List that do NOT work include:
ABS

If anyone can add to this list, that'd be great!