My new material for VAT

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
dragokirov
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My new material for VAT

Postby dragokirov » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi, I have tested many materials but I'm not really satisfied by them. I have ordered especially for this process photolithography some nonstick material from .
This is the result:

The material is not optically clear because it is very thick and the casting-form is not polished yet. The real casting-form will be ready after few weeks, I hope.
Regards,
Drago

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My new material for VAT

Postby PacManFan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:15 pm

It looks very nice and promising. Let me know how your tests with it work.

sodium

Postby sodium » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:38 pm

new material ... YUMM !

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:19 am

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:44 pm

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:15 pm

OK, no problem
Drago

Rupek

Postby Rupek » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:19 am

Hi Drago,

This material seem to be very promissing !
have you some reference number to ask for some data sheet from the bulgarian institute ?

It will be interesting to have some datas about the "transmitence" regarding the frequency of UV light.
What's about the time of "lighting" and power of your UV led in the test and what is the thickness of your layer ?

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:18 am

Hi, Rupek
I paid for this material and I have a confidentiality agreement with the Institute. The power of UV led is 10W , the thickness is 5mm and is not polished, however one second is enough to cure the resin.
Regards,
Drago

danielm

Postby danielm » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi Drago,

do you intend to build VAT with "hard" bottom and install it to the frame in "fixed" manner (no tilt, slide, etc.)?

Do you think that it would be possible to get a sample when the casting-form will be ready?

Daniel

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:46 am

Hi daielm
That's the idea , to save time for printing and money with no tilt, slide...and the 3D printer to become more simple.
I hope that will work equally well with hard and flex bottom or just the two together. ;)
when I'm ready I will explain everything in details.