My new material for VAT

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
sodium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My new material for VAT

Postby sodium » Sun May 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Base or support material must be UV and heat resistant. Curin resin is a exotermic reaction

Glacian22
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Glacian22 » Sun May 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Some grades of polycarbonate are UV stabilized with additives, and thin sheets of PC are very strong and heat resistant.

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Mon May 25, 2015 8:12 am

I found a solution-polyester sheet with a thickness of 0.3 mm and heat resistance of more 130 ° C. I found a new principle for coating the sheets with direct extrusion 0,04-0,05mm of material. Maybe I should patent this technology :D The tests are very promising. By the end of the day or tomorrow I will have final results.
Drago

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Tue May 26, 2015 8:49 am

It works perfectly. Tomorrow I will make larger sizes

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:18 am

After very hard work I think I'm ready. If I was born a baby would be easier. ;) I think I made something really good. Now need to improve the technology but it is not a big problem.
Today I tested my project for 3d printer. The result is impressive. 1/4 second between the layers. And all this for $ 200 without galvo and laser.

danielm

Postby danielm » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:29 am

Drago, great news! Does it mean that you are ready to sell samples?

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:17 am

Yes! I still have difficulties with the larger sizes, but this technology with direct extrusion on a plastic sheet is new and will improve with the time.
Drago

badgerman

Postby badgerman » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:46 am

Sign me up for a piece Drago! How much is it and what size can you comfortably make?

Chris

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Do you have a site for purchase? If not, I would like to know how much for 150mm x 150mm shipped to Canada.

Great work btw.

Space..

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:35 pm

I want to remind that this material is intended for a new type of 3D printer with very high speed and there may be some drawbacks to known printers. The prototype of this printer works perfectly with speed 1 mm for 12 sec, 0.1 mm resolution for Z Axis. This is a laboratory speed. Real will be about 15-20sek / 1 mm. I can not say more before patent it, only that it is extremely cheap.
Regards
Drago