UV proofing materials

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Praesmeodymium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

UV proofing materials

Postby Praesmeodymium » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:49 am

For my top down build, for sls builds, and other builds that use a uv-deep purple source I wanted a window that would allow me to see through but still block the curing frequencies. Taking a cue from solidator, and several others I did a tiny bit of research and found the tap plastic amber is supposed to block frequencies to about 530 nm chart 5

I wandered down to the store with a 405nm light source and a fluorescent target, I doubled checked and the amber definitely blocks the lower frequencies.
For those of you with a tap plastic nearby in store is definitely the way to go... a 150 mm (6") square is 10$ plus shipping online... it cost me a 1.80$ at the store

a thinner option than acrylic sheet is welding curtain but that stuff seems hard to buy small amounts of.