Flex bottom VAT

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
adambx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Flex bottom VAT

Postby adambx » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:04 pm

hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hp_ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:09 pm

it works great! printed 2 test prints with them.. 0.05mm z-height, its the next best cheap option

IrgendwerAusIrgendwo

Postby IrgendwerAusIrgendwo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Even if the topic is named "flex bottom VAT" I created a version with a 2mm acrylic bottom (see picture above) as I didn't want the FEP film to sag.

The only problem I'll be facing is how to add the FEP film onto the acryl: du you guys think I can do it via adhesion after removing the protective film or is there another good advise?
...tried a LOT of transparent adhesives at small test stripes but (as expected...) nothing worked well.
Maybe I'll try to "glue" the FEP via sewin machine oil to adhere the acrylic sheet to the fep film: should prevent separation in the middle section- on the boarders the film is compressed between the side walls and the 2mm bottom :roll:

Phife

Postby Phife » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Hard to tell what it is.. so, my mind is not blown.. lol

adambx

Postby adambx » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:34 pm

A general question for the FEP guys...how long does it last? Are there similar aging issues when compared to PDMS? I'm not talking about sagging due to excessive stretching but chemical stuff like blurring etc.

Cheers!

hp_

Postby hp_ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:56 pm

I've printed > 50 prints with on fep film and not problems with it.
i think you can do 100 prints easy with it without any chemical reaction.

cheers,
hp

dangre

Postby dangre » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:16 pm

I have printed at least 30+ parts and could see 100 to be doable. I had no noticeable degradation. I really abused mine and even drove a part 10mm or so into my flex vat with no damage, it just bounced back (I did break my part). 0.005" FEP on a tensioned flex vat, 6" x 6".
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

3dprinter.org.ua

Postby 3dprinter.org.ua » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm

I did an experiment tray with flexible bottom. I could not use it. When I pour the resin floor of the tank bends down . Platform can not exactly pull over to the bottom of this . Because of this, printing is interrupted. Details does not stick to the platform.
https://3DPrinter.ua - 3DPrinter shop

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:17 pm

Does anyone have pics for a working flex vat

Iv purchased some fep film from cs hyde and I would love to get 50+ prints out of my next vat

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:29 am

Hello Chemstar;

May I know? which of the Cs Hyde film you have acquired , and did you buy directly from CS Hyde Company or from any other distributor of their product line. I am in the process of building a flex VAT too, very soon I will be able to share the information.

Sincere Regards

Saeed