Flex bottom VAT

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
dangre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Flex bottom VAT

Postby dangre » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:21 pm

hp,
I am using a 0.005" FEP sheet 200mm x 200mm
Build plate is 150mm x 150mm
Where on Alibaba did you get your FEP?
I see you are using 0.05mm (0.002"), that seems really thin?
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hp_ » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:51 am

ahh our flexvat is arround 150x100 its to small for your build plate :)
although the fep film is nice and thin we get good prints :)
we orderd on taobao, but for your convenience, alibaba is more easy.

cheers,
hp

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:40 am

I've just order some stuff here - http://f4zp.taobao.com/

dangre

Postby dangre » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:34 am

HP,
Thanks for your assistance. Looks like I may be buying some more FEP. What exposures are you using and what is the biggest part you have printed with your flex vat?
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:49 pm

How good is fep film :D :D :D

Its like printing on butter lol

So my film finally arrived on Friday 5min later I have working vat and for the grand price of around $5

Should call it the 5,5 vat 5min to build 5 bucks to make

My exposure time was 5sec with 2mm lift these vats make sla printing viable into the future.

I hadn't built a silicone vat but why would u when u have fep film.
Attachments
image.jpg
Cheap vats at $2.50 a piece
image.jpg
Quick trim with the dremel

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:54 pm

More pics
Attachments
image.jpg
One happy daughter ( and dad)
image.jpg
Print
image.jpg
Throw in the film

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:43 am

Hi chemstar,

I love it.. Good work!!

cheers,
hp

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:55 am

hi dangre,

my exposure settings vary depending on the resin i use, i have 4 different manufacturer who make all their own different type of resin. varying from 0.9ms per llayer depending thickness to 3.4 sec per layer

the first few layers i use 10 seconds or 13 seconds. the biggest part is a 26cm long bottle, the widest part is a ironman helmet, 10cmx8cm
cheerst,
hp

dangre

Postby dangre » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:27 am

HP, thanks for the info. I love your vat designs, I'm trying to hard with my tensioned vat. ;-) Hopefully my long exposures are due to my FEP. I'll try to get some from Alibaba. One thing I just ran into -- I was having an issue with the part not sticking to the build platform and I solved it by adding more tension to the FEP. I think the FEP was 'bulging' due to my long exposure and causing the resin to move around during curing. I've learned to 'tune' my vat like tensioning a drum to get the right taughtness. :-)
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi dangre,

i do pre-tension my container Flex vat, as you can see in the picture below, I have room to tension the fep film by pushing a piece of 10mm electronical cable between the lid and the fep film.
giving pretty tensed fep film. And thanks to my neighbour who cut of the bottom part of the container makes it a perfect usable Flex vat :)

this is the top side:
Flex_vat_underneath_clamping1.jpg

this is the bottom side
Flex_vat_underneath_clamping2.jpg

the rest of the pictures are just some pictures I took.

cheers,
hp
Attachments
Flex_vat_underneath_clamping4.jpg
Flex_vat_underneath_clamping3.jpg