Flex bottom VAT

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
chemstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Flex bottom VAT

Postby chemstar » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:16 am

Yeah direct from cs Hyde just checked out with a credit card

I got the 0.005in thick 24inch by a foot size

No adhesive which in hind sight was a mistake I think,

More description of these flex vats would be good.

But I'll see when I get the film
Attachments
image.jpg

dangre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby dangre » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Here is my version on a mUVe DLP. It is a work in progress so don't look to close. The first pic is the lower portion showing the acrylic tension walls. The second is the complete assembly with the 0.005" FEP pulled down taught. I think a tension system is a must. I'm still playing with exposures as they are too high at the moment (16s). I removed a PC sheet I was using for protection but that didn't seem to help much. I have to look at my projector settings next. Once I have the exposure set correctly I have had no issue with sticking to the FEP. This FEP sheet has seen about 25 parts and has a few scratches from poor cleaning procedures.
Attachments
1009141058e.jpg
1009141050e.jpg
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:11 am

im going to give this vat a try looks nice and easy

watch the you tube vid

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2044

16sec on exposure time seems a bit hight iv only done one failed print (due to crappy vat) but it seemed to be good around 3s

RapApp

Postby RapApp » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:27 am

My Vat ist now also working. I have Stresstest it and Print a lot of Objects on the same film with out of negativ results.

Excited4DLP

Postby Excited4DLP » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:52 pm

General Question - If I place a thin piece of polycarbonate (say about 0.03") underneath the FEP film with a gap in between both (say about 7mm) will the image deflect from the thin 0.03" thick polycarbonate sheet causing image distortion on the FEP film?

PacManFan - Is your thin layer of polycarbonate directly underneath your FEP film or is there a gap between the poly and the FEP? Also, what thickness of polycarbonate are you using?

Finhead - Was your 0.02" polycarbonate silicone layer a thin solid sheet or was it more flimsy? If it was a solid sheet where did you buy it from? I've been told by a supplier that 0.02" would be film-like whereas 0.03" would be a solid sheet.

Dangre: Did you figure out why your exposure times (16s) were so high and have you remedied the situation?

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:39 am

Phife

Postby Phife » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:05 am

the FEP film will tend to adhere itself to any smooth surface its resting on, so if you had a non adhesive backed FEP film resting on some polycarb sheet it would essentially become bonded with the polycarb.

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:24 am

thanks phife i will give it a go, im hanging for this fep film to turn up

getting 50+ prints out of a vat is need to make bottom up sla printing viable in the long term

who knows 10 years from now resin could be $10 a litre and everyone would be building top down :?:

dangre

Postby dangre » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

hp_

Postby hp_ » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:00 pm

hi dangre what size is your build plate?
we can send you a flexvat for sure :)

hp