LiquiGlide vs Teflon

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
seasicksinbad

LiquiGlide vs Teflon

Postby seasicksinbad » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Here's a thought for a cheap option on something that keeps many builds from really taking off.

I will wait for my almost empty bottle of ketchup, them I'll cut it open and run some tests. I will pour some resin on it and see how well the LiquiGlide prevents is from sticking.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Liquid Garden
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LiquiGlide vs Teflon

Postby Liquid Garden » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:05 am

Have you had a chance to test it yet?

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Yes!! And the results are not conclusive unfortunately. It seems like the guys at MIT worked out some kind of sorcery when creating the Liquiglide.
First thing, let me tell you that a bottle of ketchup, or any other bottle built with this technology is more elaborate that I expected. It is built of at least 4 independent layers of polymer.
I tried only the innermost layer for my tests, and I was surprised by the anti-stickiness properties, better than FEP probably. However, the heat generated by the projector and the polymerization of the resin destroyed the layer.
I will need to try more bottles of ketchup, to accomplish this in a faster way, I am putting ketchup even on my cheerios :-)
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

adambx

Postby adambx » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:23 am

Can't you buy tons of ketchup, squeeze it in jars, put a fancy handwritten label on it and peddle it to your friends and family as you own self made product? That way, you got a lot of liquiglide, you family is happy, and if you sell it to them you'll even make some quick cash. xD

Jokes aside, i'm also very interested in what your experiment yields.

Cheers!

MrBaz

Postby MrBaz » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:13 pm