Research: Breaking force needed for release?

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Leinad78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Research: Breaking force needed for release?

Postby Leinad78 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:48 am

hello guys,

i´ve been very busy the last weeks and i´m still busy right now and the next weeks, but i´m trying to digg into the coating a bit deeper.

i may have found a solution which could be helpfull, but i need some input first for testing purpose.

does anyone have made/seen measurements of how much drag is needed to break off the printed parts from an uncoated and different coated glasses? lets say per square inch or even better cm²

does it matter how thick the layer is? from simple thinking about it, i´d say no.

kind regards and thanks for input.

@A2

Re: Research: Breaking force needed for release?

Postby @A2 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:59 am

With a PDMS film (Silicone) on the vat bottom, the separation force is ~100 oz (27.8 N) for an image area of 625 mm2 (25 mmx25 mm). The separation force can go as high as ~140 oz, and it goes higher as the exposure time increases.

Digital Material Fabrication Using Mask-Image-Projection-based Stereolithography
http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~yongchen/Resear ... l_2012.pdf

A quote from Kudo acknowledging that the separation force is the limiting factor to maximum build size:

“the separation force between the cured resin layer and the bottom of the resin container still limits the minimum feature size, printable mechanical structures and build volume.”
http://www.kudo3d.com/products

Links taken from this thread:
Belt drive Z-axis
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1430

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:05 am

thanks alot. I did a quick test with a 30mm round aluminium bolt i had laying around and even there is some progress between uncoated glass and the coated one, its still to much force needed :?

@A2

Postby @A2 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:04 am

I´m trying anti-scratch film for tablets and also an automotive nano-coating.