Help a New Guy with His Z-Axis? Unable to Get Any Motion.

Discussed here are the various tilt/ slide and Z-Axis mechanisms
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ruthalas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help a New Guy with His Z-Axis? Unable to Get Any Motion.

Postby Ruthalas » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:21 am

Last edited by Ruthalas on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tom-res

Re: Help a New Guy with His Z-Axis? Unable to Get Any Motion.

Postby tom-res » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:22 am

Is your baud rate set correctly?

download printrun and try to connect or in arduino IDE open the serial monitor (top right corner of the software). Go through the baud rates and figure out which one you have set.

Ruthalas

Postby Ruthalas » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Sorry for the delay in reply!

I am using 115200 as my baud rate, as recommended by the guide I am following.

In GRBL Control this lets me connect and change values:

And in the Arduino serial monitor, it connects and displays the firmware I am using:
Though I can't run any commands... (Probably because I am using non-standard firmware at the moment?)

So I believe the baud rate is set correctly.
What should I look at next?

Ruthalas

Postby Ruthalas » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:53 am

I unsoldered the Easydriver board and wired it up separately and it worked.

I am unsure if it is the custom board, or the fact that I am now powering the Easydriver separately that fixed it. I shall do some tests!

Thanks for the help guys.