The best tilt option?

Discussed here are the various tilt/ slide and Z-Axis mechanisms
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Arco
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The best tilt option?

Postby Arco » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi there,
I am fighting with project of my printer and I have got little problem. I want to make the best DLP printer as I can for super high quality prints but...
Can You tell me what is the most important tilt role? Is it made for break away print from tank like some people says or the most important role is to provide fresh resin or something more???

I am asking because I am little bit in the drop. I wanted to create something similar to B9 drawer using 10mm shaft and bearing. It would safe me a lot of time with shutter - I would use 1 servo for drawer move when projector will not work.

Can anyone help me?

Here is it first few.

Cheers,
Arek

Kvirre

Re: The best tilt option?

Postby Kvirre » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:18 am

A servo may not provide the accuracy you want.
(moves constantly according to pulse-with).

You may end up with striping along z-axis.

Arco

Postby Arco » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:06 am

Hello Kvirre,
Thank You for Your answer. Why do You think that servo will not work well? The drawer will be installed on rails, servo will only move the drawer on these rails. Can You explain more? Maybe I do not know as much as I think.

Kind Regards,
Arek

James

Postby James » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:01 am

"the most important role is to provide fresh resin." Sticking used to be a problem when do it yourselfers first started trying to make a home brew version of the Envisiontec machines. Then they slowly started finding nonstick materials that could be used. Today sticking is not as much of a concern for DIY machines, provided the proper materials are used.

A servo (RC type) would work fine. I think Kvirre was thinking you were talking about Z axis liner motion, which would never work.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

marwan

Postby marwan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi
I am trying to built a dlp 3d printer with a linear servo motor (parker mx80l with a vix 250 controler ) resolution is 10 nano . Any idea ?

James

Postby James » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:25 am

I know I've seen FDM 3D printers made with servos in connection with say something like a RAMS board, but I have not seen it done using something like the driver you have. Let us know what you find by making a new thread on the subject, as I for one would be curious to know more about this.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

marwan

Postby marwan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:31 pm

The parker mx80l is so sofisticate and need a hard work untill now i have not succeed but still trying.

James

Postby James » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:31 am

I was looking at the the user guide for the controller, . Holy mother of nerdgasms that is a sophisticated controller!! HAHA! :D

I wonder if you can get someone from Parker to help you?