Help with TILT system

Discussed here are the various tilt/ slide and Z-Axis mechanisms
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vonhellsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help with TILT system

Postby vonhellsing » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi,

I start project my UV laser 3D print resin with core xy, now i stay in VAT project, i think using airmodel servo its more cheap than NEMA motor. my questions:

where i connect in ramps this servo and i need some especial deployment in marlin or other firmware to implement ?

Cheers!

Angelini

Phife

Re: Help with TILT system

Postby Phife » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:12 pm

You can put an RC Servo on one of the 4 servo sets of pins. See the picture. The servo pins are near the bottom left side. Marked Servos, to the right of the power connectors.

You will need to supply 5V to the 5v pin thats next to the reset switch. This will provide 5v to your servos.

Marlin should already have servo capability, have a look at the configuration.h, you should see a section at the bottom that says R/C Servo, you'll need to define how many servos you have connected, 1-4.

Then its just a matter of issuing a Servo Position Mcode command. M280 - set servo position absolute. P: servo index, S: angle or microseconds (Marlin)

For example, "M280 P0 S90" should move servo in the 1 position to 90 degrees. P is the servo number it starts at 0 and goes to 3, where as the servos are 1-4. Keep that in mind, 1=0 2=1 3=2 4=3.
Attachments
RAMPS 1.4 connections.jpg

Math75

Re: Help with TILT system

Postby Math75 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi,I am building the same kind of 3D printer.
Witch version of Marlin are you using? I don't find one with a servo control...

thank you

Math