Vat slide alternative

Discussed here are the various tilt/ slide and Z-Axis mechanisms
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vat slide alternative

Postby johnrpm » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:03 pm

I am building my vat more or less how others have done it, but thinking about
the problem of breaking the seal between part and vat base, it occoured to me that a simple twist action
may work, if the platform had a shaft in a bush, a few degrees of rotation would be enough, the problem
I can see is getting accurate positioning , a solenoid with ridgid enstops should work.

What do you think?.
Random Precision

Leinad78

Re: Vat slide alternative

Postby Leinad78 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:52 am

why does everyone tries to tilt their vat? shouldn´t it be enough to raise/lower the vat a few mm´s and set it back minus the next step (50µm)?

I´m currently working on a vat sealing which shows some impressive results and is alot cheaper then the used system. more to come.

sitzme

Postby sitzme » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:17 am

Glad to hear you are working on an alternative. Can you provide any additional information or maybe a time frame?

monito

Postby monito » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:25 am

I have been contemplating the same thing. Its a more elegant way of breaking the seal. The resin will not have to be moved so violently. Were bubbles and resin settling will need to happen before the next cure cycle begins. Especially for high resolution. For the time being I have just been lifting the build plate only. Its simple and easy. :D

EdgE

Postby EdgE » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:15 am

I also agree with Leinad78.
I've build a tilting mechanism (which was fun to do), but currently I'm not using this at all.
(Which speeds up the printing process a little.)

Downside, I'm also not happy with my current prints, but I doubt if the tilting mechanism will be really helpful or not.
I probably have still some other problems, which I'm currently not aware of... ;)

Excited4DLP

Postby Excited4DLP » Sun May 25, 2014 7:35 pm

What if the print surface piece had a bunch of holes even dispersed over the entire surface area, would that lower the Van Der Waals force enough where a NEMA23 motor along would be enough to pull up the print plate even with a 7.5" x 4.25" build envelop? I've read that a 7.5" x 4.25" could potentially generate up to 199lbs of force required to lift the print plate off the VAT.

adambx

Postby adambx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:41 pm

check this one out, I was able to see it in person and the prints are really nice for such a viscous resin (saturated with ceramics powder).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdcJlfUGxo

www.lithoz.com

Phife

Postby Phife » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:42 pm

adambx

Postby adambx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:53 pm