TILT Mechanism

Discussed here are the various tilt/ slide and Z-Axis mechanisms
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pingnagan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

TILT Mechanism

Postby pingnagan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:05 am

Hello All,

Im building a DLP printer, while, I see the importance of the tilt mechanism here.

I would like to get clarified for the below doubt, Please guide

How does the tilt motor gets controlled by the software, assuming Im using the RAMPS kit, where do I connect the TILT motor, Do I need some Cam shaft mechanism, have a Y cable to the Z axis, which means it would move at the same time.

If there is a better way, or If the CW software has a control by using the spare X, Y axis not used by the conventional Reprap.

Thanks a lot in advance.

adambx

Re: TILT Mechanism

Postby adambx » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:58 am

Exactly, you can use the X or Y drivers for that purpose...or in my case I use the extruder.

And you will need a cam mechanism, or another spindle, or anything else for that matter that gives you the desired result :)

Even a Servo should work.

pingnagan

Postby pingnagan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:19 am

Thanks a lot Adambx. How do you configure the extruder drivers in CW to work in sync with the Z drive.

I was also confused how that sync in tilting happen's. Does Creator Workshop has setting that will send those signals, which can be used to drive the motor.

Im sure, that Z axis movements and precision would be configured via Firmware, and the GCodes will be sent by CW software, Since I have not yet implemented it, Im not sure, whether there is a seperate drive option with Tilt settings or control signals via seperate GCode.

Thanks in advance, and please bear with me, If its very basic or silly. Im new to DLP based Printers, while Im okay with FFF based Reprap printers.

Thanks again for any extended support by the experts in this forumn.

Regards,

PP

adambx

Postby adambx » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:44 am

pingnagan

Postby pingnagan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks again.

I just had a quick view on the CW, It gives me choice to use any Motor, Like XY or Extruder.

But Im not so sure, how the firmware will understand that Extruder Motor is being used for Tilt mechanism. :(

adambx

Postby adambx » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:44 pm

the firmware doesn't need to understand...you set it up via Gcode. you can also use any other axis as tilt.
As you see in my code the "G1 E....." command tells the firmware to use the extruder, if you use the X axis as the tilt motor, you would type "G1 X.....".
i suggest you read up a bit on GCode and how it works in general.

Cheers ;)