Whats needed for a DLP Printer

You can discuss various control electronics here. RAMPs, Arduinos, Motor Controller boards & etc...
johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Whats needed for a DLP Printer

Postby johnrpm » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks for the plexiglass tip, I shall try it.
Random Precision

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Finhead » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Not sure if this has been posted before but thought I should if not.
I was looking around for various pieces last night and came across this board since this type of printer only need 2 steppers would this work with a Uno to control what we need? Seems like a super cheap way to go if it will.

Clinton

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:09 pm

If I am reading the datasheet right the only concern is the amps at 750ma, 2amps is better like pollolu or blueice, or is it iceblue. they have a preset to adjust current so that they can be adjusted to work with your motor without getting too hot, but heatsinks can be added as well or even a fan.
Random Precision

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:31 pm

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:01 am

For that price, I would get one or two for future projects, you never know.
Random Precision

Protoneer

Postby Protoneer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:23 pm

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Wonder if there is any way to get it working with a Android tablet? I know there is a version of Pronterface that works with Android but not sure that is of any use.

Protoneer

Postby Protoneer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Helmi

Postby Helmi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 am

I don't think it would be the right way to try to run a desktop on the RPi. Of course it is possible but that is (no matter which OS you use) far away from snappy.

I think looking at or shows how things could go with a low cost Singleboard computer. As slicing is rather cheap (performance wise) for DLP compared to FDM this should also be possible on such a low performance machine. Having a web service instead of a desktop UI gives you the freedom to use whatever client you want to control the machine without having the need to have a desktop-computer right next to it that has to be on and running for the whole print job.

I'm printing FDM stuff on 3 printers with one small linux box using RepetierServer (actually a non public beta currently) for quite a while and couldn't be more happy.

I'm not technical enough to know how you could probably use the HDMI out from the command line without a desktop running but that would save loads of performance as you wouldn't need it.
Frank /