Whats needed for a DLP Printer

You can discuss various control electronics here. RAMPs, Arduinos, Motor Controller boards & etc...
Protoneer

Re: Whats needed for a DLP Printer

Postby Protoneer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Michael
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Michael » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:28 am

johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby johnrpm » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:17 pm

I think puppy has a PI derivative, if so, with mono could it run CW, the solution I am running at present is,
A flybook from the skip, running linuxlite with mono, and CW, cost zero.
the flybook has a screen and keyboard with usb etc, netbooks are also cheap and available.

I have not had time to play with the PI, so can not be much use there, but what if CW exported the gcode and images to a file, the file on a sd card, then run on the PI.
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:39 am

You've got some good points. I've tried to run Beta 13 on both a Raspi and Beaglebone black. I have a 256mb Rapsi Model A (old one) running Raspian / Kali / Ubuntu. The real trick is getting the system set up. Make sure to run a Hard Float version of a good Linux ARM Build. You'll have to install Mono Complete. I had several issues I was trying to overcome. The first issue was overcoming numerous crypic Mono errors about hard/soft floats. The next issue is getting OpenTK working on an ARM build. If you search for "OpenTK and Raspi", you'll see several people attempting to get Open GL .NET working on ARM with OpenTK. When I tested Beta 13, it was on an older version of OpenTK. I've upgraded OpenTK to the latest version which is supposed to fix a lot of ARM issues, but I haven't retested yet.\
Beyond software issues, Several things can happen, I can have CW running on an LCD on a Raspi with the hdmi out going to the projector. The LCD needs a secondary frame buffer for GUI display. Alternatively, I could also try to make CW into a headless system, or act as a Web server with a few simple pages and a GUI for the system, accepting print jobs in the form of a zip file containing slices and gcode. If I configure a custom distro of Linux with Apache pre-confgured on a bootable ISO file for Raspi/Beaglebone

Glacian22

Postby Glacian22 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:26 pm

A headless version of CW would be really fantastic!

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 am

adambx

Postby adambx » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:20 am

I agree that a system using PI or Beagle would be a smart way to go. Edit/slice on a desktop machine than send a job archive to the printer via web interface...in that case there is no need for any secondary displays since the on-board HDMI is used for the projector and all status stuf can be relayed via web. There could be a simple android or web app for status control.

I already have the BBB, but no clue on how to go from there. There are not a lot of motor controllers for the beagle :(

I'd appreciate any help if you guys have links or advice.

Cheers!