Homemade resin shrinks/warps

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SimonVP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Homemade resin shrinks/warps

Postby SimonVP » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 am

Hi everyone,

A few months I started trying to make my own resin. After gathering all the necessary chemicals I think I'm close to the final recipe.
The recipe is the following:
-1 kg resin (1,6-Hexanediol diacrylate)
-10 grams photoinitiator (Phenylbis(2,4,6-trimethylbenzoyl) phosphine oxide)
-5 grams pigment (Sudan I)

This resin seems to have some potential. I tried to print some objects (basic hollow circle extrusions) with my SLA printer. I printed with lasers with a wavelength of 405nm, varying in power ranging from 100 mW to 300 mW.
All these prints however, have been warping while printing. The first few layers go well, but after that the object just warps.
The build plate is made from aluminum and the adhesion is very well when I check it after the first few layers.
So it seems the resin just shrinks/warps when it has been cured.
Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks!
Attachments
22375560_1644415168942251_815284278_o.jpg