Resin Suppliers

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Resin Suppliers

Postby PacManFan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Here is a brief list of resin suppliers:

Venus Creator Resin

Please PM me with any additional suppliers and I'll add them to the list.

Leinad78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Resin Suppliers

Postby Leinad78 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:43 am

kkpmo

Postby kkpmo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:36 am

Hi Leinad78,

you test this clear resin from germany?
You have some pictures from prints?

Craig Turley

Postby Craig Turley » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:52 pm

I would like to introduce myself, new to the board. I'm Craig and I'm in Colorado. PacManFan - I can't send you a PM due being new to the board. Want to let people know that the Fun To Do resins are now available in the US. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or email studioqubed at gmail.com

watsonstudios

Postby watsonstudios » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Here's a new resin supplier, MadeSolid.

I was a supporter when they were on Indigogo a few months back. Just received my first liter and will be testing this coming week - hopefully when the garage warms up a bit.

Jon

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:47 pm

That's double the price of the MJ, wonder if it will work twice as good?

I just ordered 2lts of FTD resin from Craig yesterday morning, hope to try it out next weekend if shipping goes well. :)

Clinton

watsonstudios

Postby watsonstudios » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:53 pm

Yes, it's more expensive for sure. I got my liter for 75.00 as a reward on Indigogo. I won't pay 100.00 unless this stuff has no noticeable shrinkage. It's all about shrinkage at this point. The best and most dimensionally stable resin will win the day! I've seen too many Eiffel Towers with warped feet! Haha.

I am also going to try FTD. They claim good shrinkage characteristics and the price is not bad. That one is next!

Jon

erenaud

Postby erenaud » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Just a quick note on the FunToDo and Spot-HT Resin from spot A materials.

We tried several prints with the FunToDo red Resin, It does cure very fast (one second curing time), but it's quite flexible. Fine details do get ripped of if not well supported by supports.
I am also noticing very fine cracks in the surface - not sure if that is due to the resin or due to other problems.

the FTD Resin is very cheap compared to other resins, but it looks like we can not use it for our purposes, as it is just too elastic.

The yellow Spot-HT (HT stands for "hard and tough") has awfully long curing times (around six seconds or more per layer)
but it is what it says: hard and tough (still no comparison to ABS, but acceptable).

adambx

Postby adambx » Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi guys,

as I'm nearing completion of my test setup i'm in need for som resin...finally..

Is any of you Germans out there planning on ordering some Makerjuice in the near future? In for a 2nd person to join and split the shipping costs?
Or maybe someone has some resin left over and able to sell?

I hope it's ok to make inquiries like that here on the forum.. ?

Cheers,
Adam

Berlin here, if that's of interest. :)

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun May 18, 2014 5:18 pm

hi adambx you could also try on of the makerjuice reseller in europe