Resin that doesn't absorb moisture

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CaptainBisquick
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Resin that doesn't absorb moisture

Postby CaptainBisquick » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:43 am

I'm using the LittleRP with MakerJuice SF in green, and my prototypes absorb moisture, which causes them to warp. Does anyone have suggestions on an easy fix for this? Would the Made Solid resin be better?

CaptainBisquick

Re: Resin that doesn't absorb moisture

Postby CaptainBisquick » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:56 am

Has anyone tried this technique with MakerJuice? I'm going to give it a try. Would love to know if this has made a difference for anyone else.
http://shop.madesolid.com/blogs/madesol ... sin-prints

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:55 am

Hi CaptainBisquikc,

thank you for the link, very interesting, I will surely try it out next time i print something and the print feels sticky

cheers,
hp

cardin1

Postby cardin1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:37 pm

It does work. I've tried with several resin brands. If, instead of water, you use glycerin it's even better.

CaptainBisquick

Postby CaptainBisquick » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:27 am

Thanks! I just ordered some glycerin. Since the resin absorbs moisture, leaving it in water makes me nervous.

vfdsrvcAdoke

Resin that doesnt absorb moisture

Postby vfdsrvcAdoke » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:38 pm

I am a new Ham passing my Tech and General about 3 weeks ago. I'm looking for an HF unit that isn't outrageously expensive. Does anyone have anything or suggestions?

Thanks

<a href=https://prom-electric.ru/>.</a>
Ремонт промышленной электроники - https://prom-electric.ru/