Expired resin ??

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zumpitu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Expired resin ??

Postby zumpitu » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi All !

After stopping my printer project like 6 months ago now is the time to restart My top down machine

But I'm getting so much problem .. I don't know anymore what to test..

My print have a lot of holes and most of the time big part don't come out, some part looks good , other just are not there :(

The resin is old at least 7 month ,is a FTD industrial blend , I can see that the pigment is not uniform.. i tried to mix it but without difference, I don't know if the resin can actually expire

This was a Z letter ... as you can see only the center was printed and actually very nicely

This is my printer

I also have exposure time very high like 4 Sec for 0.02 mm or 8 sec for 0.05... specially the small object like the support come really bad

Do you have any idea how i can improve the print ?

Thank you !

Sacha

zumpitu

Re: Expired resin ??

Postby zumpitu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:32 am

Hi All

So, looks I have no progress.. and actually the situation is getting worst :(

Now looks impossible have any kind of surface I think I will get other resin, is very strange because the FunToDo Support told me that the resin last a very long time, maybe it get too much UVs ? Dont know