Resin Features & Properties Wish List

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
jkao
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Resin Features & Properties Wish List

Postby jkao » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:01 am

There are no standardized tests that I know of, but I did devise 4 tests that can be run in a relatively standardized way for the following properties:

Cure Depth
Film Adhesion
Plate Adhesion Ratio
Liquid Immersion Suction

Only one of which actually requires printing (the plate adhesion ratio).

The details of these are bit long to post and contain a bunch of notes and stuff that I'm not quite ready to post publicly since it names the names of vendors whom I don't know want to be publicized with some random guy's random tests, but if you PM me your email address I can add you to the Trello board that I've been using to keep track of my experiments.

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:21 am

Research Chemist

Hugues
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hugues » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:38 pm

CaptainBisquick

Postby CaptainBisquick » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:14 am

jkao is right. I just want my prints to come out reliably. I'm guessing part of the issue is the resin maker not bothering to include exposure time info or vat compatibility, with the product. *cough* *makerjuice* *cough*

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Research Chemist

CaptainBisquick

Postby CaptainBisquick » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:56 pm

raw

Postby raw » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:46 pm