MiiCraft resin modification

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Porsuk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MiiCraft resin modification

Postby Porsuk » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:23 am

Hello everyone!

This will be my first post on this forum. I am currently attempting to modify the MiiCraft resin (blue) to make a ceramic suspension to print with the MiiCraft printer as part of my master assignment. There has been a prior attempt to do this from my university with a 60% Alumina AKP-15 ceramic powder put the part accuracy has been disastrous (the final ceramic part is about 1,5x the size of what it should be). This is probably mainly due to the light scattering effect of the ceramic particles. Now, until now I have come across a few scientific paper that solves this problem by using ethylene glycol to "vary the refractive index of the aqueous solutions" (http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream ... sequence=2); but I have no clue of the proportions that has to be used (or whether it would work).

Furthermore there are the problems of diluting the photoactive medium with the addition of ceramic powder (which I will attempt to solve by increasing curing time) and increased viscosity (any idea of the type of dispersants to solve this?)

Does any of you have ideas/suggestions to simulate the same photopolymerization mechanics of the original resin with the modified, ceramic suspension? Next to the questions above, should I use additional photoinitiators?

Thanks!

Cheers