Store resin between prints

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nalmeida
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Store resin between prints

Postby nalmeida » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:26 am

I'm almost finished with my LittleRP clone and another question popped up. I made a flex vat which is removable, on most of the things I read people empty the vat in the end of the printing session and store the remaining resin in a bottle.

I thought differently, what if I made a small enclosure for the vat and stored it with the remaining resin? It would be light proof and as small as possible. Is this a good idea? I wouldn't have to clean the vat between prints, and to start a new print I would add some more resin!

I could filter it in the end anyway but would store it in the vat.

Thoughts, ideas??

redonix76

Re: Store resin between prints

Postby redonix76 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Yeah, I do the same. I usually just keep the resin in the vat and store it in a box in the closet. when I want to print I take it out, give it a light stir then print. I do clean it after a few weeks, but I never pour it back into the fresh batch in the bottle. I use a fine paint strainer and store it in a different bottle specifically for used resin.