Resins and color mixing (multicolor)

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
orangezero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Resins and color mixing (multicolor)

Postby orangezero » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:52 pm

I always wondered about the ability to mix different dyes, unequally throughout, and perhaps at different times, to make multicolored prints. I've yet to actually see one. I believe the peachy printer website lists it as a possibility.

My guess is that the different amount of light absorption between colors would potentially ruin an otherwise decent print. I'm not quite sure the differences in exposure times (with the same printer) from color to color.

Is this the case? Or is it technically possible to variously mix dyes in, but most users add colors in other ways (painting after completion, for example).