UK casters accepting resins for burnout

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ps_bond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

UK casters accepting resins for burnout

Postby ps_bond » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:57 am

Per the subject line - I seem to have hit a brick wall with a number of precious metal casters who won't accept resin models (B9 Cherry in this particular case). If anyone has any suggestions on who will, that'd be of great interest, thank you.

My 2 options if I can't find one are a) make RTV moulds and shoot waxes or b) go the whole hog and run the investment/burnout/cast cycle myself (a bit short on space to do that at the moment though).

It's particularly irritating when I know that most of the ones I've spoken to are using resin printers themselves.
Peter

LittleRP, H6510BD projector, Rhino 5.0, Rhinogold
https://www.facebook.com/BondDesigns

emilamsterdam

Re: UK casters accepting resins for burnout

Postby emilamsterdam » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:02 am

Hi. I may be able to help you or others with this issue; although we are located in Amsterdam and Budapest. Goldsmith duo with my brother he is casting for past 18 years twice a week AG925,AU585y,AU585w, +special orders. I can vulcanize the models, or make a liquid silicone based mold or he can burn it and send you the cast. We use a shipping service for a few years now that deals with valuable shipping insured in EU and no issues (TG) till now. I am most of the time in Amsterdam doing CAD and now slowly CAM. ;)
For the burnout model you will need to use the appropriate resin and the cost is a bit more (30%) of the investment needed as well.
As for prices not sure what is your project but we are usually 50% cheaper than your local cast company inclusive shipping if your in UK.

Let me know if I can help any further,

Emil

seblos

Postby seblos » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Hello ps bond,
you can use DPCAST. Resin for use only with phosphate coating, no residue.
info@dentalprint.it for more information.
www.dentalprint.it

Odd

Postby Odd » Sat May 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Hey psbond,

Your post is from 2015 yikes but I thought I'd let you know anyways...I'm using senertek resin and have achieved a 98% burnout with JustCasting in hatton garden, London.

I reckon with longer post print UV cure I'll get 100% burnout but haven't got around to try it yet. Will do the coming week or two.

Let me know if you already solved the casting ? Would be good to hear your story !!

Cheers
//O.

Odd

Postby Odd » Sat May 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Cheers
//O.

svs

Postby svs » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:23 am

castable resin for UK..