Visually Clear Resin?

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
james_lan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Visually Clear Resin?

Postby james_lan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 am

I was wondering about a visually clear resin which would be suitable for lenses. I just wondered if anyone had seen one or if they were even possible (as some of the curing with most resins occurs a little above the visible cutoff at ~400nm).

jcarletto27

Re: Visually Clear Resin?

Postby jcarletto27 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:29 am

There has been some success with the Form 1+
perhaps this will give you some clue.

sbg7509

Postby sbg7509 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Is there an Acrylic based resin which could be used to print clear lenses? I am planning to print clear material on a custom-built DLP equipment. I am also concerned about the projection to be used; the resolution of the projector (HD or 2K or 4K, 1-chip or 3-chip DMD, etc.), wavelength, power output and the focusing system!

DruckWege

Postby DruckWege » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:49 pm

dear james_lan,

we do provide a clear resin:

Of course you have to dial in your printer so you dont have too much light bleeding. But we are printing with an DLP (Acer) based and an Wanhao D7 pretty well. Of course UV Curing turns it yellowish (the reason, why so many resins are not clear but opaque) but we can provide you with the data needed for temperature curing.

Have a look on our specs: