Visible Light Resin

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Glacian22
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Visible Light Resin

Postby Glacian22 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:27 pm

I noticed last month that Bucktown Polymers has a new resin that's supposed to cure with both UV and visible light, so I picked up a sample to see if it cures any faster at 405nm than Makerjuice. If so, it might be a good option for everyone out there experimenting with LED modded projectors and LCD printers. I'll let you all know how it goes! :D

jkao

Re: Visible Light Resin

Postby jkao » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Man, you can either order a 250mL tester or a full 20kG for $900... and I thought their normal 4L minimum sizes were pretty large.

If you get to test the resin, I'd really appreciate if you could try measuring the shrink. I'm not sure that I'd be in for 20kG any time soon, but I'm quite curious about finding some good low shrinkage options.

Thanks!

Glacian22

Postby Glacian22 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:04 am

...I got the tester. XD I mean at $900 that still comes out to only around $50/kg, but yeah...that's a lot of resin! If I get the time I will absolutely test the shrinkage, since I really want some nice material that won't warp as badly as what I've been using. >_<

hegykc

Postby hegykc » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:50 am

I'd be very interested in your results.

BenjaminF84

Postby BenjaminF84 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi Glacian22. Any reports on your findings with the visible light cured resin sample? very anxious to give it a go myself...
best of luck...