Lowest pigment seperation resin?

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
s1000rr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lowest pigment seperation resin?

Postby s1000rr » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi,

I've just been using Makerjuice, but was wondering if there are resins that:

- don't have any pigment separation
or
- longer duration before pigment separates

Just wondering what other peoples experience is prior to experimenting.

Cheers,
Sebastian

hp_

Re: Lowest pigment seperation resin?

Postby hp_ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:46 am

hi S1000rr,

if you use dyes, the pigment will not sag to soon. the negative side is i haven't been able use get full color with dyes.. the prints are always translucent somehow.

cheers,

hp

s1000rr

Postby s1000rr » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:54 am

Hi _hp

What dyes have you been using? I'm assuming mixed with Makerjuice clear? Does it affect exposure time?

Thanks
Sebastian

hp_

Postby hp_ » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:15 pm

i've been using dyes with makerjuice, spota and fun to do resin.

we bought the dyes from spota and venus creator

all work well and have minimal impact on exposure time.

cheers,
hp