Best resin for miniatures

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
mcguinnessdr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Best resin for miniatures

Postby mcguinnessdr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:32 pm

Hello, I am trying to decide what resin I should get to print miniatures for gaming. I need something that will bend without breaking, as there will be thin parts, such as swords. The miniatures will be handled a lot, and probably dropped a lot. I have been using maker juice sub g (not g+), which breaks too easily. Thank you for any help!

kimvellore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Best resin for miniatures

Postby kimvellore » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:03 pm

Have you considered casting your models. That will be best of both worlds, in terms of details and strength.

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:08 am

It would be too much work for what I'm trying to do.

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Could someone give me a comparison of sub g+ and fun to do standard? My last print had a sword that is about 1mm x 3mm, which broke very easily. I need pieces of this size to be able to withstand bring handled regularly. Any info is very much appreciated!

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:47 am

Unfortunately, I've only ever used MakerJuice G+, so I can't give you a comparison of resins... but I can give your topic a bump!

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Have you used G+ for this kind of thing? If you could give me an idea of how strong a sword of the size I described is, I would be very grateful.

Craig Turley

Postby Craig Turley » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Mcguinnessdr

Im the US distributor for the Fun To Do resins, I definitely recommend the Industrial blend for your miniatures, its quite strong and durable. Feel free to send me a pm.

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Thanks, was looking at your site anyway ;). Will probably be buying some pretty soon.

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:01 pm

I made a few minis with Makerjuice SF, which has a bit of give to it (SF stands for Snap Fit, I think). It seems OK so far, but I'm not very rough on them.

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:49 am

Thanks. I'm not sure how well paint would hold up on flexible models. Anyway, I bought the FunToDo Industrial blend, so I'll see how that works. I'll post back here with my findings, incase anyone else is interested.