investment casting

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chinman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

investment casting

Postby chinman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:51 pm

I'm a complete newb when it comes to SLA printing, so I'm glad to find this board. I'm looking to make prints for investment casting and I'm hoping some of you out there have some recent experience with some of the casting resins.

Thus far I've been recommended the b9-1 Red. Does anyone have experience with that resin, or with the Firecast from Madesolid, or the Form1 Castable resin? This would be for jewelry level detail and casting. I'm using a Muve-DLP.

Also, I haven't yet come across any "sla 101" as far as post build cleanup, cure times, use a UV oven or not, etc.

Thanks!
Last edited by chinman on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

hp_

Re: investment

Postby hp_ » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:06 am

Hi chinman,

there are a few more castable resins out there.

Funtodo Castable looks also like it is working very well

cheers,
hp

nc42
Site Admin

Re: investment casting

Postby nc42 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:43 am

There are a number of posts about this on the b9 creator forums with details about burn out temps and times