Bulging effect on top down DlP printer.(solved)

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
firecardenal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bulging effect on top down DlP printer.(solved)

Postby firecardenal » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Has anyone been able to eliminate the effect of swelling on a printer from top to bottom?

I've put a lot of time to solve this problem and still not get fix.

I have put a system of flat and clean to force the resin to maintain a proper level and have developed a container with a slot drain excess resin caused by the sinking of the arm platform construction.

Does anyone know how to get professional printers do?

Maybe in the formula of the resin is the secret?

I currently work with Makerjuice SubGenius +

Thank you

Solved.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3266#p10842
Last edited by firecardenal on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bulging effect on top down DlP printer.

Postby PacManFan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Professional printers use a wiper assembly that wipes off excess resin from the surface to ensure consistent layer thickness.

Phife

Postby Phife » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Have you tried the Spot-A LV (low viscosity) resin? Also, I larger vat helps a bunch too.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:00 am

gmoneyphx

Postby gmoneyphx » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:48 pm

You are using "deep dip" method are you not? That is the only practical way to achieve top down in DIY fashion.

Also, forget anything much less than 100 micron layers. You can get flat down to 100 microns fairly quickly (5-10 seconds) I have found. When you go less than that you hit the painful exponential part of the curve. Of course it will settle to 20 microns but you may have to wait minutes per layer - not practical.

I just posted another few items printed at 100 microns in the showcase area. I have been very happy at that layer height.

bjbustard

Postby bjbustard » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:25 pm

In regards to "deep dip" method. How deep do you dip? and does it really matter?

Ben
Still tweaking my Sedgwick
Ben

Still tweaking my Sedgwick

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Would the spot a lower viscosity resin help the thinner Z layers settle faster?

Also struggling with this problem.

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:22 pm

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:42 pm

hmm...finally a reason to use those heat beds from my ramps kit :P

Is there a way to reduce the warping on large flat surfaces? it seems like any thick area on my prints get blobby/lumpy. Even down to 3mm thick im still having warping issues.

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:02 am

Warping is pretty much directly related to the shrinkage of the resin -- Higher shrinkage = More warping. Look for resins that advertise low shrinkage, or compare data if it's available.

One easy way to reduce warping is the shell your models. Very important to remember the drainage hole!