cheapest resin

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
Apostasio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

cheapest resin

Postby Apostasio » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:44 am

hello friends
I found this site, will ye resin purchased at that price?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Liquid-p ... 95548.html

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: cheapest resin

Postby Finhead » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm

The shipping cost is over the price of the resin, and is the same for multiple quantities. SSo more expensive than Makerjuice, at least for Canada it would be.

gmoneyphx

Postby gmoneyphx » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:54 am

Makerjuice is the best that can be done for the price. As far as I know they are the only company (in the hobby space) that even talks about shrinkage. That is the VERY MOST IMPORTANT PRIMARY FACTOR in the resin. You can talk about color, yield strength, heat deflection temperature etc... but all of that is secondary to solving the shrinkage problem. If you plan on building real sized parts in the real world at least.

The big boys solved this problem over 20 years ago. Hoping to see some truly low shrinkage resin in the near future. (talking to you Josh :!: )

watsonstudios

Postby watsonstudios » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:08 pm

My feelings exactly. Shrinkage is the weak link in all resin printers in the hobbyist realm. I've had a few conversations with Josh about getting the shrinkage as low as possible. He is very helpful and open to solving this problem which is a very good thing. I have a sample of his latest batch I have yet to test (too cold in the garage at this time) :)

dlp_builder

Postby dlp_builder » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Hiya,

Have you tried FTD resin?. The shrinkage is 0.5% :shock:
It cure quicker than Makerjuice, and it is realy cheap €45,-

Danny

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:36 pm

dlp_builder

Postby dlp_builder » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:07 pm

www.funtodo.net, look at the distributors for a distributor near you to save on shipping and shipping time.
Most of the people who distribute the resin are 3D DLP printer enthusiast, just like you and me :P

Danny

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Craig Turley

Postby Craig Turley » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks Clinton, excited to see your build get completed.

Craig

watsonstudios

Postby watsonstudios » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Craig, do you have yellow or just clear, black, and red? I saw some prints on your site that were yellow. Did they add their own pigment?