Resins For Investment Casting

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
sgraber

Re: Resins For Investment Casting

Postby sgraber » Mon May 09, 2016 1:48 pm

We worked really hard on this resin and would love to see the results from end users. Please, please, post photos of both prints and casts!
Research Chemist

svs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby svs » Wed May 11, 2016 4:00 am

silver casting photos from customer.
http://senertek.com/3d/tumbo.htm
Attachments
1a1.jpg
1bsk.jpg

hirenashra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hirenashra » Tue May 17, 2016 8:13 am

Just ordered some of that Waxcast resin!

Been trying with B9 Yellow which keeps sticking to the damn VAT FEP! I'm wasting FEP as a square test piece I'm printing keeps getting stuck fast. Picking it off just destroys the FEP! :evil:

So far not happy with that resin but will keep trying as I have a litre of the stuff!

Tried slowing down the Z speed which wasn't working. That could have been due to the damaged FEP as no tension to release the print. Grrrrr.

Can someone please advise as to how to sync speed of Z and beamer. Since slowing it down, the beamer exposes the next slice before Z reaches down.

Using a LittleRP!

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Tue May 17, 2016 9:27 am

Which one are you having the problem with - B9 or WaxCast? It's not qualified in your statement which you're talking about. :)
Research Chemist

chill74

Postby chill74 » Tue May 17, 2016 1:29 pm

WaxCast seems to be casting very well. I am still adjusting coming from the B9 resins insofar as temps and curing. However, following the Waxcast docs for casting gives a very good baseline so far.

DSC_0049_e1.jpg

hirenashra

Postby hirenashra » Tue May 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Mattasmack

Postby Mattasmack » Tue May 17, 2016 8:38 pm

chill74

Postby chill74 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks!
Yeah, those are layers printer horizontally at 50micron Z so there might be some banding on the closeup.
I will probably drop down to 25-30 micron.

chill74

Postby chill74 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Just thought I would add to my previous findings about Waxcast. The lines in the casting are from overcuring the waxcast resin. Apparently it is more sensitive than some of the other casting resins. I dropped my exposure time from 9sec at 50micron to 3.5sec at 50 microns and the prints are smoother.

svs

Postby svs » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:44 am

Silver castings from customer ODABAS JEWELLERY izmir /TURKEY
Attachments
12.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg