Resins For Investment Casting

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
James

Re: Resins For Investment Casting

Postby James » Fri May 01, 2015 12:31 am

I cannot find it on their site. Do you have a link for this ROR? Thanks.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

Cation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cation » Sat May 30, 2015 8:31 am

James

Postby James » Sat May 30, 2015 5:57 pm

Oh ok, thanks for the link.

It's too bad they don't know how to sell their products. Their website says absolutely nothing about how to obtain their products. :lol:
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

Cation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cation » Sun May 31, 2015 2:19 pm

There's a link on the page that you might have missed right above the pictures:

Contact Us for Quotes
info@bucktownpolymers.com

James

Postby James » Sun May 31, 2015 3:33 pm

You must be psychic because I was just now in the process of writing an email to Bucktown Polymers when I heard an email alert on my computer. When I looked to see what the email was I had just received I saw that it was a notification for your reply here. Even stranger was, I sensed that you were replying to this thread BEFORE I actually got the email notification! My thought was, "Wouldn't it be strange if someone replied to that thread just as I was writing an email to Bucktown Polymers?" :lol:

Anyway, yeah I saw the contact for quotes links, but your website appears as a manufacturer website selling only wholesale to distributors with no indication of who your distributors are. I've found that people in general don't like to waste time talking to manufactures because unless the person is well represented as a business making a business inquiry about their products the attempt to communicate can be ignored. I've had this happen numerous times over the decades. I even have a officially registered business ( Nanotechnol ) that I mainly use just for talking to manufactures because if this annoying problem.

Ok, I'm going to go back to writing the email now. HAHA! :lol:

dlp_builder

Postby dlp_builder » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi all,

Ever thought of trying FunToDo Castable?
Shrinkage nearly zero, expanditure during heating up nearly neglectable, better than most of the other resins in the residue department..
It is certainly worth a try at the price...
A lot of dental institutes are using it, as well as the Industrial Blend.

Danny

James

Postby James » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:39 am

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. One thing I was thinking of is electroforming. One could make a structure in ROR, coat it with a conductor, electroplate a metal onto it and then dissolve the ROR to get a hollow shell with walls so thin that it would be very difficult to recreate any other way.

I can also envisioned a SLA printer that uses two vats, one with ROR and the other with an ordinary resin. The idea being to use the ROR as support structures that could be dissolved away after the print was finished. The disadvantage would be that the build would need to be cleaned with alcohol for every layer to keep the two resins from mixing, which would end up being very wasteful of the resins since there probably wouldn't be any easy way to reclaim the resins once the alcohol had mixed with them. Switching vats isn't new by the way, I saw a study that a researcher did when experimenting with using different color resins to get full color and or multimaterial printing for the SLA process.

I've ordered a liter to experiment around with it, I'll report back on the results.

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to this fantastic forum!
Just wanted to add a couple of infos that Carl from Bucktown gave me:

-ROR resin can be custom blended to ones specification.

-The resin is made to work with investment materials like Plasticast since it has very high green strenth

-Instead of steam you just need hot water. Agitation and light flushing also helps speed the process. The hotter the water the faster it dissolves.

- The resin is not as reactive as many other resins so it should work with most printers.

-It is more rigid than most waxes when cured.

-It will cure in a few seconds

Price: 125 dollars for 1Kg

It seemed a good price! So I bought a 1kg sample... Unfortunately the shipping to Italy was as much as the resin itself!
I'll let you all know when it arrives ;)
Cheers,
Luke

Taher1360

Postby Taher1360 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi Luke

Have you tested the ROR ?
It seem interesting
wait for feedback for group.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi Taher,

Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet... I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

Not only shipping to Italy is expensive... It also takes forever!

I'll let you know as soon as it arrives ;)