Resins For Investment Casting

You can discuss Photo-sensitive resins, polymers, and oligomers.
James

Resins For Investment Casting

Postby James » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:30 am

Post any that you run into.

Here's one that will be available by May of this year.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Resins For Investment Casting

Postby hp_ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:50 pm

hi James,

$200 my gosh thats expensive..

better go with Spota resin - castable - 45 Euro for 500mL...

cheers,
HP

seblos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby seblos » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Give me the link of spot-on for castable resin,
thanks

James

Postby James » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi HP!

Hmmm... I looked all around their website and couldn't find anything like that. They do have one under development, , but they've had that under development for several months now.

I'm all for less expensive though! :D
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:22 pm

ahh sorry guys.. fernando gave that link personally... i can't distribute..

but i'm sure this resin will become available very soon...

cheers,
hp

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:42 pm

SLA systems use a build style called quickcast, its honeycombed, I mentioned somewhere in another post that it may be possible to
do the same with a form of dithering or image processing?.

The casting firm need experiance with it, as its different to wax.
Random Precision

Glacian22

Postby Glacian22 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:35 pm

I'm surprised no one has mentioned B9Creator's B9R-Red. It's marketed specifically for casting, after all. http://b9creator.com/product/b9r-1-red- ... g-2-2-lbs/

James

Postby James » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Oh! Ok. Good to know. I knew Mike sent some samples out for casting back when he was doing his kickstarter campaign, but I didn't know he ended up marketing it as such. I'll most definitely try this out once I'm up and running. Thanks! :D

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:33 am

Makerjuice is also testing with castable resin. we would be great if we get more resin suppliers on the market :)

cheers,
hp

Cation

Postby Cation » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Bucktown Polymers has a new rinse out resin for investment casting. It does not burn out or melt out. It is rinsed out with hot water.

After the cured polymer or rinse out resin (ROR) is coated with the investment and left to dry for two hours the investment is soaked in hot water for 1-2 hours to allow the resin to dissolve. The investment green strength is strong enough to hold up to hot water rinse out or even steam rinse. The investment just needs to dry for a few minutes before being placed in the oven for firing.