Help - Best LCD for UV printing (8" - 10")

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
myhomeco
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help - Best LCD for UV printing (8" - 10")

Postby myhomeco » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Hello and have great time my friend,

I'm in the middle of building my LCD 3D printer and my plan was to use Retina 9.7" as my main LCD but seems that kind of LCD is not suitable for passing UV lights trough themselves!!!
So I need your helps, Could you حlease guide me about choose right LCD with reasonable price. I would like it be at least 8" - 10" and supporting 2K.
Waiting for your reply,

Thanks

adam440

Re: Help - Best LCD for UV printing (8" - 10")

Postby adam440 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:19 am

Same here :). I want to build my own SLA LCD printer, but I'm not sure, if these "DIY projector kits" from Aliexpress are usable (like this one [1]). I'd like to build high quality printer for decent price. Are there any builders willing to help?

[1] - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-1-in ... 52369.html

Deaner3D

Postby Deaner3D » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:51 am

I think that screen would have to be taken apart and one of the polarizers removed for it to work with printing resin. I'm just not sure if it can be done easily. Some manufacturers glue everything together, others don't. at $80 it's almost worth a gamble.

I think we're on the cusp (finally!) of getting known-good UV-passing panels from China. Ideally I'd like to see 10 and 12 inch 4k displays.
. An iteration of earlier builds and 3d render only. Maybe it'll catch on...

Deaner3D

Postby Deaner3D » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:26 pm

And I just asked about 4k displays as well

adam440

Postby adam440 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:46 am

Thanks ;) . I'm actually making this printer for a school project. I'll also contact local university and ask the electronics department, if they know any good LCD panels that pass UV light, but I doubt so. Hopefully, I'll order it ASAP.

Deaner3D

Postby Deaner3D » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Good luck to you, man. I've examined my KLD-LCD1260 and it really is a simple device. I'd love to build one based on the same electronics but with this bigger screen, a better Z-stage(more rigid linear guides and w/ ball screw), vat tilt mechanism, and ~50W+ UV LED module. Be sure to document your project, as others will undoubtedly find it useful, even the little failures ;)