LCD Based 3D Printer - Introduction

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
Phife
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Builder - LCD Based 3D Printer - Introduction

Postby Phife » Sun May 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Phife
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phife » Sun May 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Oneminde

Postby Oneminde » Sun May 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun May 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Oneminde

Postby Oneminde » Wed May 28, 2014 2:29 pm

I have a BenQ monitor, rather old and was cheap when I bought. I am considering trying to remove the color filter when I have something to replace it. Well worth as an experiment.

Oneminde

Postby Oneminde » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:05 am

Any news ?

zerospace

Postby zerospace » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:46 pm

I've watched this vid maybe a dozen of time, and still not obvious how this guy managed to get LCD cure the resin fast and reliable...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS1t3tHsx9k

It's definitely has a mod of UV light source.
Anybody tried to contact him?

Phife

Postby Phife » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:11 pm

dpizzle

Postby dpizzle » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm interested in building an LCD based printer. Does anyone have any more information on using color vs. monochromatic? Is it pointless to go with color? Or if I go with color can I just use more powerful 410nm LEDs to get more light through?

Also curious how using a piece of endlighten with a reflective backer might work instead of a complicated LED array with lenses. If you don't know endlighten is a special kind of clear acrylic with nano mirrors baked in. You edge light it and the light distributes evenly over the surface. More info here: https://www.professionalplastics.com/pr ... ochure.pdf

Barill

Postby Barill » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:32 am

Endlighten seems to be a great product with many applications.
Not sure it is recommanded for this application as I suppose with it you will increase light power losses.

For this application I think we have to minimize material between LED and LCD display.