LCD Based 3D Printer - Introduction

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
SIDRANA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Builder - LCD Based 3D Printer - Introduction

Postby SIDRANA » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:25 am

Many thanks to you

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:37 pm

So those of you using iPad screens, what are you removing from them exactly?

And anyone have more recent photos of their setups?

How are you displaying images to the iPad? Are you using the Adafruit screen and driverboard?
@AndersonHTa

Phife
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phife » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:00 pm

I have a 9.7" Ipad3 (mini) screen with a retina controller that takes displayport input. So you will need a computer with a displayport. I havent removed anything from it this far besides the backlight assembly which leave the bare LCD and circuit board. You'll need to make a frame to mount it as the frame for the LCD is part of the backlight.

It has a reflective layer on the back of the LCD that is supposed to work with the backlight and the films in the backlight to increase brightness, but I think it hinders its use in our application somewhat. Not enough to not work though. I havent been able to remove it using my usual antiglare and polarizer removal techniques, its really on there good. If I get another one I'll try harder to remove it. I dont want to break the one I have.

The adafruit controller will also work.. there are a few controllers out there that will work for most retina display panels.

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:32 pm

@AndersonHTa

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:27 pm

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Display Port to Retina Display Monitor Adapter dp2retina LCD Control Board iMac
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171214007374

I am still shopping around; Probably I will end up buying from Adafruit;
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 6.30.10 PM.png

dpizzle

Postby dpizzle » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Here's where I got my board. Took about 10 days to get from Japan to US.

And where I got my screen

I did a bit of digging and I think these are some of the cheapest sources out there.

Nica

Postby Nica » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi . I tri UV light under lcd and lcd turn black from the uv light. any sugestion

Nica

Postby Nica » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:31 pm

If possible can you guys tel me is there software that turn the uv light on and of when needed because if it stays in the uv light make lcd black

dpizzle

Postby dpizzle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Phife's solution on the previous page of this thread is a good way to do this.