uneven curing of the edges

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
HiVolg

uneven curing of the edges

Postby HiVolg » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Projector is mounted perpendicular VAT and platform too
Lamp operating time 205 hours
Focus is set correctly.
What could it be?
IMG_20140309_210344.jpg

johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: uneven curing of the edges

Postby johnrpm » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:34 pm

i wonder if the light intensity is falling off , could be the optics need cleaning, or the bulb position?.
just a guess though.
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PacManFan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:21 pm

It's my understanding that with most projectors, there is a fall-off of brightness towards the edges. One thing that can be done in software is to create a mask of brightness based on your projector's image, then use that mask to accommodate for the brightness across the image when displaying.

HiVolg

Postby HiVolg » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:42 am

What color of mask can you advise?
I can apply a mask in Photoshop

258cj7

Postby 258cj7 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:25 am

Any ideas how to create a mask image?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:54 am

CW doesn't use mask images yet, but I think it wouldn't be too hard to implement. Basically, you'll need to lay down a piece of paper on your build tray, and shine an all-white image on it. Take a picture, then with some contrast/brightness adjusting in photoshop, we can determine where the hot-spots are and create an inverse mask to even out the light over the projected image.

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:08 pm

Am I right in thinking the fall off is on the left, if so I would clean all optics, the mirrors in the light
engine get clouded and some projectors have a small plate or bar to act as a cut off, if its not dirty you have not lost anything, just time.
Random Precision

HiVolg

Postby HiVolg » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Left?
and where to look?

if I increase the time, the middle of burn through.
If I try to print something smaller in size, the picture is not curing repeated (Build area not changed)

hp_

Postby hp_ » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:48 am

with the miicraft they also use a mask, its a png file with grey value's over the whole build plate.

hp_

HiVolg

Postby HiVolg » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Attachments
IMG_20140312_100024.jpg