Toshiba DLP help

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Toshiba DLP help

Postby Pie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:53 pm

It sounds so easy... Open up the unit, gently twist off the color wheel segments, take out the UV filter, put it back together.

After about 50 screws I think I may have found the color wheel, but I don't see a lot of colors. Is there another type of wheel? OH wait, that is the color wheel.

Is that a UV filter before the color wheel? I think it is, I see a purple'ish coating on it. I took it out.

This is going to be interesting.

Update: back together, no light from the bulb. I'm wondering what I did wrong.

I'm getting a flashing orange lamp light. I'm guessing my bulb is out. Is there anything else I can check?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Toshiba DLP help

Postby PacManFan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Make sure all your cables are plugged back in correctly. My Infocus projector had a switch that detected when the cover was removed. Also make sure you lamp is plugged back in.

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:13 pm

my sympathies with the toshiba, I have one, it took ages just to get to the inards, I decided not to use it for sla, but a structured light scanner instead.
old HP6120 type dlp are a dream to work on, bigger, older, and maybe lower resolution, but excellent for hacking, I bought 3 at £5 each plus shipping, 2 had working bulbs, the one with the brocken bulb is the one I am hacking. the circuit boards are benQ, so maybe they are good also.
Random Precision

Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:21 pm

After a lot of tinkering, I got the projector to come back on. It wasn't the lamp door switch.

From the best I can tell it was a hidden board connector. On the bottom of the Toshiba main board, there was a connector that needed seated to the DLP below. at least I think it is a connection to the DLP. I couldn't find anything else that was wrong. I was even careful and took pictures as I dissembled, I totally missed it.

With the color wheel out, I know I'll only get a black and white image, but right now it just looks like fuzz.

One step closer.