Resolution vs Native Resolution

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TinkerTools
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Resolution vs Native Resolution

Postby TinkerTools » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:40 pm

I need a large build area. So I am looking a better projectors. Some of the 4K projectors list resolution and then native resolution.

One projector for example shows 1920x1080 for native and 2160p for resolultion. Am I gaining with the 2160p, or is it really 1920x1080?

Finhead

Re: Resolution vs Native Resolution

Postby Finhead » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:38 am

Your not gaining anything unless it's a native resolution of 4K. If it lists 1920X1080 for native resolution that is what your getting.
There are only a few true 4K projectors, I haven't seen one under $9,000. You'd be far better off converging 2 or more 1080P projectors if you need higher res. Problem is the larger you go (I assume you want a large build volume) the harder it is to control the peel/print.